Sunday, June 1, 2008

Shera is 34

Yesterday, 31st May 2008 marked my 34th year of living and breathing, syukur Alhamdulillah dengan izin Allah swt. Having achieved what I have today, there's so little to complain about, yet so much to be thankful for. My long healthy life, loving and wonderful family and friends, my little-to-complain-about job (I did say LITTLE earlier, right?) are among the other blissful things I am blessed with. I'm just praying that better things are ahead of me so I could share my little life with the people around me, making a difference in their lives and thus hopefully will bring about the deserved happiness that I have been wishing for.

So, anything great for my 34th birthday?

First and foremost was the beautiful and thoughtful birthday wishes from family and friends which have brought me to realize that there are indeed people who have me in a special place deep in their hearts despite the shortcomings I may have. Well, I'm talking about a lotttt of shortcomings....

Next, was the special birthday dinner by my hubby at TGIF, of course with stomach stuffed with Mushroom Chicken Mushroom, REFILLABLE iced-lemon tea (lots of it) and two enthusiastic and over-excited daughters singing the famous birthday tune with balloons in their hands (better that than the TGIF version), what more can I ask for... And I have never witnessed anything more adorable and cunning than my youngest daughter 'clowning' away in a restaurant and FLIRTING with the TGIF staffs !!! What a shocking encounter.

Last but not least is the wonderful book written by Jodi Picoult entitled Plain Truth which I will only lay my hands on once I am done marking my first set of exam scripts (hah? thought there's abundant more????). That's a promise. Hahaha...can't wait, really. Million thanks to the ever gorgeous Anna Maria for the book (we'll see if I am a Picoult fan-to-be).

To all, thanks for the blissful life you all have given me....

3 comments:

jabishah said...

Hey Shera,

Ever heard "like mother, like daughter"? I think your younger girl is a total resemblance of her mom ;-)

Again, happy birthday.

Shera said...

Ja,
Which part is the resemblance actually? The clowning away or the flirting? Hahahaa... Hopefully the former as I dont want her to end up like me. hehehe...

jabishah said...

both! Hahaha...