Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Size and beauty...

I have more to add on to my birthday presents list. Had a finger licking Kenny Rogers roast chicken for lunch yesterday, courtesy of a good friend after a swimming session (or rather slimming session???, can eat after, guilt free!). This evening, my sis-in-law presented me with a gorgeous expensive kain for baju raya cum birthday present (kain worth RM260!!!!)....black with purplish embroidery. Really nice....And I think this is gonna be the most expensive baju I have ever owned, the material plus the tailoring. Ops, not really, just remembered my three baju pengantin that cost me a fortune and now end up hanging in the closet. U should know why....hahaha. But to my surprise, last April I managed to fit into the baju again for AWHILE and actually wore them for my bro's wedding!!! Glad....happy....proud....was what I felt with my achievement. Hmmm...great things never last (oh dear must it end????). I have gained another 2kgs and definitely all the baju are history all over again. How sad....sob sob sob.

I sometimes wonder, how is it that some women can still keep their figures even after multiple births? An effective diet plan or simply the running about raising the children? Please oh please...I really do hope it's the latter.

It's indeed a dangerous thought whereby one's self-confidence is at stake when appearance is concerned especially to women/mothers. So, to boost my confidence, I used to reassure myself - it's nothing but their higher metabolic rate that they're blessed with while others are not, which is partly true among other factors of course such as constant exercise and eating right, something I can't take credits for. So, higher metabolic rate sounded more convincing to me!!!

Many a time when looking back at my photos taken in my 20s, I do wonder if I looked better back then. So, this is where my husband comes in and being victimised to clear the doubts. What do u think was his immediate reaction? Funny though that he truly and honestly, and convincingly believes that my 30s looks better than my 20s....Oh man, how's that true when I have always thought otherwise? That's when 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' makes real sense to me, hehehe....Or, maybe the maturity contributes to my 'better looks' today! or maybe a pinch of bitter sweet of life......or could it be the glow and radiance of being a mom and a wife....Everything that is, I suppose.

Being 34, a wife of 7 years and a mom of 5 years, I have come to believe, regardless of the size we bear, so long as the world is ours, beauty is what we are. Well, at least to the eyes of our children and our loved ones, and thank god they exist! Hahaha....

(***However, I have to give credits to Olay Total Effects for doing its wonders on my skin).

5 comments:

Lizamurni Lokman said...

Hi Shera, to me, you still look the same as before, still pretty and radiant.....and i think now that you already have 2 pretty daughters, you look even more radiant and beautiful than before....i guess that's the secret of being a complete woman....

Shera said...

Dikny darling,
Thanks for the compliment, best lah ada kengkawan cam u ni...anyway, I will have to say the same about u, which I think i did in my earlier comment. U still have the teen look tau tak!!!
By the way, some parts of the body yg dah melambak ni is indeed my major concern....hahahaha!!!! Camna tu????

MrsNordin said...

Hi!

I share your feelings on this. At least you're 34, I'm turning 40 next month!!

Just the other day, I was looking at my passport photos before I got married AND the one I recently took to renew my passport. "I look old now...", I told my husband, looking for comfort.

He said, "Macam ni lah yang... In your old photo, you're just like buah mangga muda, hijau, bergetah lagi. Tapi gambar sekarang, you're just like buah mangga yang tengah masak ranum, manis rasanya... "

Hee... hee... I was flattered!

Then I asked him back, "Bukan mangga yang dah busuk, ya?" "No... far from busuk..!"

Think of it that way, ok?

jabishah said...

Shera,
Yup, hv to agree with dikny. The main thing here is happiness. Seeing you again after all these years, babe.. you're still the same. Size & beauty, there are just a measure. You are exactly the same jovial, kind-hearted(ni yg mahal ni...),pretty old Shera!

ps- yg dah melambak tu, we all tak nampak.. Syafiq je. ;-)

Shera said...

MrsNordin,
I can't say how lucky u r to be married to a man who definitely knows how to please his wife. U r so fortunate....it's really sweet of him to have worded it the way he did. I pun tumpang flattered sama. I pray for ur happiness...InsyaAllah.

Ja & Dikny,
Actually, I was disturbed by this size n beauty subject years back, now I am happy just the way i am. And nobody can take that away from me !!!!!!!! Cuma kekadang tu terkandas jugak le...hehehehe.