Thursday, June 19, 2008

Flattered but no thanks

This I have to share....

For the past five years, I have always been the 'lucky one' to be selected out of the other 160 colleagues (note - options aren't limited) for the job of Master of Ceremony for most of the events held at workplace. Well, flattered at first but over the years, I don't seem to be anymore. It's quite a burden to carry on the shoulders as the smoothness of such events is solely my responsibility. To be accountable for that, I think I prefer to sit back, sometimes fall asleep (zzzz....hehehe) and enjoy the events. I can't take a slip, that's my issue. Not a perfectionist but any slips when running an opening or closing ceremony would reflect the image of the organization and I'm tired of having to worry about that. Plus I have to stay ALERT and be QUICK throughout the 'mundane' ceremony. At times too afraid to even take a sip of the drinking water. Pressure...pressure, oh no!!!!!

So, the next one is on the 28th June, Saturday. A big one involving the District Education Department. I foresee the whole of next week (Mon-Fri) would be a no-gossip-week for me. Everyday is script writing, script editing, finalizing and what not, on top of other core businesses to run. Boy...I'm out of breath and stressed out already!

One of my colleagues cushioned me with comfort (thank u, appreciate it), I am bestowed with such trust and faith for my capability. It worked, I feel better now, no complaints anymore but....I desperately wish there's somebody else out there who can do the job. There's one indeed, but she's heavily pregnant. The truth is, as at this moment, also next week, I'm just physically and mentally exhausted, that's about it. Otherwise it's fine, my pleasure....MC ke, MC Hammer ke...anything!!!

Guess what, this morning over coffee, I crazily asked people around if they would like to take over my hot seat as the MC next week. Hahaha...stupid enough of me to do that. Of course, who would commit such suicide? It's suicidal...suicidal..oh yeah. So, u will definitely see none other but ME, babbling away with my other partner in crime....

P.S - Would the flu and terrible cough do the trick? Hehehe....not good.

2 comments:

Lizamurni Lokman said...

Shera,
I know exactly how you feel.......been there, done that...
I supposed TESLians mmg outstanding la, always seen as frontliners.....TESL power!!!

Shera said...

Dikny,
Ya lah....Outstanding! I suppose we just love the challenges that come by, so we take it and over time easily get bored with it...hahahaha!!!! Hey, kalau frontliners yg glamour2 and get paid, why not kan? Ada make up artiste, sponsored baju, bla bla bla...wow, that would be even greater.