Monday, July 21, 2008

King of all fruits

They are back!
It's durian feast everywhere!!!

Durians have always been my best favourite fruit of all time. I will never for sure resist any offer of it, indeed will be longing for more. My late grandpa owned a big durian orchard back in Melaka and my photographic memory reveals the sight of durians scattered around the kitchen area everytime the season came. All waiting for his grandchildren to come home from KL, to attack and finish off the King! Fantadelicious!!!!! Since he passed away in 1985, the orchard was somehow left unattended, but recently has been in the care of a relative back in Melaka. She is the one responsible , making sure the place is not breeding any wild animals (if u know what I mean) and no trespassers too especially during this season. Yesterday Abah and Mak took their Volvo home to Melaka, did their part in the orchard and drove home with the trunk full of durians. Hehehe...cant imagine the smell of it! Call me crazy but I somewhat love the smell....

Once they arrived home, I was notified and of course rushed to Abah's house (7 minutes away from mine), and lavishly helped myself choosing the best Kings. Pakcu and family were already there and were in the midst of finger-licking-good. Took home with me six durians and a few bunches of rambutans too, passed some to my in laws and the rest was totally ours! After I left, Makcik came over to have hers and this morning Pakngah and the whole gang made their grand entrance at Abah's house for the durians. Very unfortunate that I couldnt join them in the durian eating feast.

These are the ones left...as at this moment of typing this post.

Only three left, durians from Atok's orchard

What happened to the rest? This was what happened to the rest of the superlicious Kings.....

The first portion from today alone

The second portion from today too

Here's to the King of all fruits...

PS - Smell my fingers....i love it! It's durian all over. I burp durian too! Hehehe...

20 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Shera, maybe you could abstain from having any this coming Saturday's dinner date?
Arhaaaa ha ha. Lee.

Lizamurni Lokman said...

Shera,
Oooooo.....i love durian too.....u know what, the other weekend my mom and dad brought back some durians from my atok's orchard in Rembau and guess what??? My mom waited for me to come over for 3 days and in the end she made tempoyak out of all the durians coz I didn't seem to show up....
Now that my weekends are fully occupied (Danish's shootings), I guess I forgot about the durians...
Well, tomorrow my parents are bringing back some more durians, just hope that the smell could bring me to my parents' place no matter what this time around...hihihihi...will blog about it soon..

jabishah said...

I love durian kampung!!
When it comes to durian, I hv to thank Yasmin. Before her I could not stand the smell of durians. I remember my durian fanatic bro purposely entered my room to just burp & held the door knob frm outside my room. Yikes!!
Somehow, when I was carrying Yasmin, kira mcm mengidam durian. Frm that day onwards I never did refuse this king of fruit! And yes for the record, Yasmin mmg hantu durian ;-)

Shera said...

Uncle Lee,
Let me give u some and of course u have to drive them around in your Jag! Hehehe....See if u can catch more girls with durians in the trunk.

Great day Uncle.

Shera said...

Dikny,
How could u not turn up? That would be my greatest regrets if I were u...Sedap Dikny durian kampong ni.

Danish a film star now! Wow...bila nak jadi cover mag?

Shera said...

Ja honey,
I have been a fan of durians since azali kot..hahahaha. Started tempoyak alone when i was in primary. now cant even look at tempoyak @ durian, sure jadi very self-centered. tak baik kan? so, nak makan durian, u keep ur distance or u'll end up telan air liur je! hahaha...

Lee said...

Hi Shera...old days I used to keep a block of charcoal in my car...it help get rid of any durians I carry.
By the way, maybe you already know, but one way of opening durians easily is with a strong, long screwdriver.
Wash it first, then push thru from the back...then pry open and Bingo! Boleh makan.

I still have that 2 feet long screwdriver today in my car...it has been in almost all the cars I owned...I think the screwdriver about 35 years ada. Can't recollect how durians I opened with it, ha ha.

I will not touch a durian three days before a date, or taking a flight.
Petai and durians can ruin dates, arhaaaha ha, *wink*, Lee.

Chahya said...

Blogger friends,
Sorry to inform that King of all fruits was the last entry of Shera's blog. She left us today 22/7/08.

Gurindam Jiwa said...

Prayers and do’a to the family.

انّا للہ و انّا الیہی رجیعون

الفاتحة

Lee said...

This is addressed to Shera's family...her beautiful children, her loving husband, her parents.
My deepest sympathies.

It was a privilege to know her and I share your sorrow at this hour of need.
Shera was a wonderful mother, a loving wife, a good friend like no other...we will miss her...

'What though the radiance,
which was once so bright,
be now forever taken from my sight.
Though nothing can bring back the hour,
of splendour in the grass,
We will grieve not,
Rather find strength...
in what remains behind'.

Goodbye Shera....may you rest in peace.
Your friend, Lee.

Amiene Rev said...

Al-Fatihah...

To a teacher, to a mum, to a wife
May God bless you...

May God bless you

Unknown said...

Assalamualaikum. Takziah to the whole family. So sad that someone so young and so vibrant has left the world and her precious ones.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Thank you for all your kind words. I am her sister-in-law but I have aways thought her as my own kakak. She is the best person in the world and a gift to our family.

Please pray for her.

Thank you.

KidsTrendyCloset said...

Hello everyone.

I'm Shera's sister. I just found out about this blog tonight. I don't know any of you but I thank you for your kind words and prayers. Thank you to those who showed up to see my sister for the last time the night before the funeral and on the funeral day itself. She would be very happy to know all the people she cared about were there to send her away. But most of all, thank you for being her friends and for loving her the way you did while she lived.

Please do remember her in your prayers always.

Unknown said...

Salam takziah to the family and those who loves arwah Shera...and doa untuk Shera. Alfatihah....

From her writings, it is clear to all that Shera has been the LiLiN and the light to everyone around her. She is simply a special person...

Semoga Roh Shera bersama ahli syurga....

Ariffin

JoElier said...

shera will always be in our prayers and so will her 2 beautiful girls.i hopw they will know just how speacial she was to so many people and we miss her dearly.

insyaallah she is already among the blessed amin

Gartblue said...

alFatihah.

Insyallah, Allah works in a mysterious ways. I pray for her soul and for the beautiful girls and her loving husband.

IamYonna said...

innalillah..

semoga dia di tempatkan di kalangan orang2 yang beriman..
amin..

sarah azalea said...

Didn't know Shera that well, mostly through Syafiq who was my classmate since small. Nevertheless, was shocked and saddened by her passing, and I pray that rohnya akan dicucuri rahmat dan ditempatkan bersama orang2 beriman. From the things she wrote, could see that she lived life to the fullest and was a good wife, mother, teacher and friend. Deepest condolences to Syafiq and the girls, who I hope will find the strength to go on with life without her.

LAILA said...

Shera, miss u dear!