Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cents for thoughts

I'm, at the moment, in the midst of finishing my reading of MERCY, now at page 137 / 449 (gosh! a lot more to go). This one revolves around life, love, relationship and marriage - also a merciful murder of a terminally ill wife by her most devoted husband. In my reading pursuit, there came some elements in the story that are so philosophical yet somewhat I find are profoundly true. I would love to share them, and mind u, I'm only at page 137!!! So, surely there are more to come....

So, here are some cents for thoughts :

* It's never fifty-fifty in a marriage. It's always seventy-thirty, or sixty-forty. Someone falls in love first. Someone puts someone else up on a pedestal. Someone works very hard to keep things rolling smoothly, someone else sails along for the ride*

* Husbands and wives spend less than four waking hours together*

* Women use twice as many words in the course of a day as men do, maybe because women were garrulous by nature, or because it took twice as long to make men understand what was being said*

What say u? ......



No comments: