Thursday, May 22, 2008

My list for the holiday

School holidays are indeed approaching in 2 days' time...Hmm, I wonder if I should get down to marking exam papers straight away or practise some procrastination (not that I have dropped the habit..hehehe) and hold on to it to the 11th hour and have fun in the meantime? One tough decision. One thing for sure, I will spend my mornings swimming, 3 days a week. That I have abandoned since a year ago when I moved to this new neighbourhood. As opposed to my previous condo where there was a pool, always available 24-hours, now I have to trouble myself packing my bag, driving to Pusat Akuatik, looking for a car park, having to shower in a small, confined cell after a long swim (with cramps that I now experience a lot!) and finally struggling to put my jeans on. Too much to ask? Maybe.... Having said all that, I learn to live with it. I just need to adapt and of course, no more complaints afterwards.

But do u know what's the best part of it? Going for a swim with some friends, later have coffee and gossip a little bit. That would definitely make my day. We all need diversions especially after juggling between house chores, family and work commitments. So, coffee with friends is just what we need at the end of the day. Of course, it is not akin to the moments spent with hubby (different purposes what!), but I find this coffee thingy is the best therapy for career women, or is it the gossips? Heck...what can I say.

So, I guess that is just what I'm going to do this holiday, among other escapades!!! Here's my list :

i. swimming - 3 days a week (monday, wednesday, saturday)
ii. coffee moments - twice a week (tuesday, friday)
iii. karaoke - sunday
iv. facebooking / blogging - every nite to the hearts desire
v. marking exam papers - whenever the urge arrives (hahaha...)
vi. usual house chores - whenever the urgency is evident
vii. family moments - every minute (minus all of the above)

To all fellow teachers out there, have a great holiday....

4 comments:

Lizamurni Lokman said...

happy holidays, shera! that's the only part which i missed the most about teaching in school....hahaha...

Shera said...

We can have our own coffee thing , u know! Lets pool some friends together, what say u? Especially those around KL, kan? Nak tak? Weekend of course since u all are free then.

jabishah said...

Shera,
Count me in.... Let me know.

Chahya said...

don't forget me too!