Monday, May 19, 2008

Are we there yet???

Syafiq, my hubby saw this food review on Jalan Jalan Cari Makan this evening and it definitely excited him to try it out. Sotong kangkung, tauhu bakar and sotong goreng tepung, yummy!!! All served at Makan Inn, Sri Hartamas. So, finding excuses like 'U malas masak ke malam ni?', 'I don't feel like eating rice tonite', we decided to make our way to Hartamas at 9.30 pm for dinner.

The place called Makan Inn (did he get it right, I'm not so sure), certainly didn't ring the bell at all since I used to go to Hartamas ages back to dine with friends. Well, maybe it's new, I reassured myself. On the way there, Aleesya (my eldest) asked, "Where are we going, Ayah?". "Makan" he replied. Not long after that (10 mins, I think), "Are we there yet?" Aleesya was curious. "Not yet." Again she asked the same question in every 10 mins or so, and got the same reply over and over again when she finally got pissed off and said "Tak nak kawan Ayah!". Hehehe...she was bored, I guess.

What actually happened was we were already in Hartamas, searching endlessly for Makan Inn, making countless rounds and still couldn't find the place. Then Alyana (my youngest, at the moment, hehehe) made her verbal appearance "Nak atan (makan)". OMG, whenever they insist on eating, no doubt at all they are actually hungry. And Ayah being Ayah, was so persistent looking for the place despite us all starved to death. Another round was made for the last time. Finally, after 20 mins, Ayah just gave up and made his way to Uptown instead.

Aleesya questioned again, "Where are we going now, Ayah?". "Makan, kakak", said Ayah in great disappointment. "Oh not again...!!!", Aleesya was so frustrated that food was still not in sight despite the 40 mins drive. She in wonderment later replied,"Oh, tadi Ayah's friend takde ye? Takde dekat shop ye?" Very cynical she was. "Yesss....", replied Ayah trying to manipulate his daughter and successful!!! Way to go, Ayah!!!

So, we arrived at Uptown (just went there last nite) and we ordered straight away, with my little girls' eyes half-opened (it was already 11.00pm). Syafiq bumped into Shawne, an old friend of his, and told him of his Makan Inn adventure. Guess what! Shawne told us that the place did exist, only it was 8 years ago!!! Hahahaha.....

Trying to prove himself, Syafiq convincingly mentioned to me that Maria Tunku Sabri appeared chubby and puffed in that evening show he saw. "It couldn't be some 8 years ago, right?", he said and I somehow agreed and approved of it all. So terrible of me!

Hmmm....Don't tell me that TV3 actually aired a show from 8 years ago?

Anyway, with stomach full of sotongs of various types, we were one happy family, heading home. I am glad somehow that in the process of Makan Inn-no-where-to-be-found, we had our quality time spent in the car, with loads of laughters. Being so naive and innocent, I'm sure, our girls certainly know how to light up the moments with their most adorable acts and what not. Ibu and Ayah love u both so much....muahssss!!!

9 comments:

jabishah said...

Addicted to blogging I can see.. ;-)

Well, Syafiq is very much like me.. Very persistent indeed plus degil pun ada. Hahaha!

N'way, great blog. Keep posting!

Shera said...

Addicted? YESSSS.....
Saja nak let out whatever is clogged and trapped in this body, mind and soul...hahahahah. Thank u for visiting, darling. Rajin2 lah singgah yek.

fifi said...

HA HA HA SHERA, JUST LIKE ME... I WATCH JJCM ON LAST WEEKEND AND I PROPOSED THE PLACE TO MY HUBBY, AFTER VISITING MY SISTER IN LAW IN KLANG, WE DECIDE TO FIND THE PLACE IN SRI HARTAMAS SINCE BOTH OF US LIKE MEE REBUS HJ WAHID..& KACANG POL, AFTER ASKING FOR THE DIRECTION, PETROL ATTANDANCE ASK US TO LOOK FOR SHELL STATION NEAR BUGER KING AND 7E, WE FOUND HARTAMAS SQUARE NOT MAKAN INN..WE ROUND UP THE PLACE FOR 3 TIME BUT STILL NO MAKAN INN ..AND MY KID JUST LIKE YOUR KIDS START ASKING..ABAH WE ARE WE GOING AND HE REPLIED MAKAN LA...WUAH WUAH TODAY I'M SO FRUSTRATED TO LEARN THAT THE PLACE NO MORE EXIST...WHAT LA TV3..OUTDATED INFOR...

Lizamurni Lokman said...

Wah, welcome to the blogging world! heheh.....
Talking about JJCM, the ones shown over TV3 nowadays mmg repeats.....quite frustrating....

Shera said...

Fifi,
I never expected that someone else fell for it too. Glad that I was not the only 'Tipah tertipu, bang'!! Maybe someone ought to warn TV3 not to air re-runs like that anymore. Menyusahkan org, dah le petrol mahal skrg ni...

Dikny,
I tak le tahu show tu dah outdated, repeat. Bersungguh kitorg drive gi Hartamas. Mmg frustrating...

U all,
Thanks for visiting...I just love reading your comments here.

fifi said...

YA..SHERA AT LEAST WE KNOW THAT THE PLACE NO MORE EXIST, IF NOT WE PLANNED FOR 2ND VISIT TO FIND MAKAN INN...TAK PUAS HATI SBB TAK JUMPA..

lyz said...

hye shera, can u email to me the address of Makan Inn restaurant..i really excited to go there with my family....tq

Shera said...

lyz,
so sorry to disappoint u but the place is no more in existence! seems like it was 8 years ago....too bad huh?

lyz said...

erm,it's ok shera..thanks 4 ur help and the info...but, if u found out the best new makan place,juz let me know k..atleast, it's better than i get it from the JJCM..hampeh tol org tv3 nih!anyway, keep in touch k..