Monday, May 26, 2008

SHOPAHOLICs by Sophie Kinsella

I am now in a dire need of just sitting and reading a novel which seems very much impossible as I always have problems when it comes to choosing a book to purchase. I was at a bookstore this evening, so determined to buy a book but failed miserably!!! I left the store empty-handed!!! This is my weakness - What is good and what's not? Heck, how can we know unless we are done reading it? I am not a risk taker when it comes to book purchase. In summation, I'm indeed a very choosy reader. However, I have read a number of great books, which I would spend every minute reading to the last page. At present, with life revolving around family and work, I have changed in my reading selection. Light-readings are now my better preferences, simply because I refuse to complicate myself trying to remember and link every detail of the story. I already have enough reality details to deal with!!!

So, my last few books were amazing and I ended up buying the whole series of it right after my first reading! Because it was so good and funny, I actually made a point to finish every book in 2 days tops, getting on with the sequel of it afterwards. It's called the SHOPAHOLIC series by Sophie Kinsella. Well, apparently that sort of books seem to be my cup of tea nowadays. I smiled, giggled, laughed and somehow reflected on myself whilst reading it, though some parts are so ridiculously funny but they are very close to the reality. So, here's a suggestion - if u need to just sit and relax, and laugh a lil' bit here and there, try these books. U can purchase them at RM32-34 each, can be found in any MPH bookstores.

Some I know do not favour the series. But I simply totally luurrrvvveee it !!!! So, post me a comment if u had the chance to read it.

Here's the link for more details :
http://www.randomhouse.com/bantamdell/kinsella/

8 comments:

Lizamurni Lokman said...

Shera, I planned to buy this book some years back but I didn't purchase it because at that time my hubby said there were about 4 books pending for me to finish reading....hahahha.....now that I have my hands full at home as well as at the office, I can't seem to find the time to catch up on my readings anymore....sob..sob...

Nic said...

Finally, I could say something..
Wecome to blogsdome! I've been meaning to drop a line but been so so busy..
Just to let u know I came and will write more soon!

Shera said...

Dikny,
It's incredibly unfortunate for us to not have the time to read anymore. I understand how bad it makes u feel. Lucky me to discover Shopaholics and amazingly the indulgence kept me going. Try it....I lent the first one to Puteq and she's now crazy about it.

Shera said...

Ila, (or Nic???) hehehe...
Thanks for dropping by. I do visit yours frequently but only to end up with MY SARAH everytime...hahahaha!!!

jabishah said...

Shera,
I read this post of yours a couple of days back & that very night Jemir ajak tgk IndianaJones. Adalah pulak bookstore nearby. Had been wanting to buy one of these Shopaholic series. Couldn't remember what stopped me. I grabbed 1 that night. Shopaholic & Baby. Best giler! Tx babey..!

Lizamurni Lokman said...

Shera, since you highly recommended the series, i'll make sure i grab the whole lot during lunch hour, planning to go to KLCC and heading straight back home.....office can continue tomorrow, the book i have to start on the spot....since my children won't be around, i'll take the opportunity.......plan jer la, buatnyer tak tau lagi...hihihihi

MrsNordin said...

I've read all the books except Shopaholic & Baby. I found that one a bit too cliche. Couldn't get pass page 5 even, so I gave it a miss. But the rest ~ memang funny!

Shera said...

mrsnordin,
I haven't got the chance to read REMEMBER ME yet but was told that it isn't as good as the Shopaholic series. I find that the first one - Confessions of Shopaholic is always the best, maybe bcoz dia yg first of its kind kot. So, excited lebih. The rest are still great and funny though, I agree.